Thursday, November 19, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes

Hello, and yes, it has been a year. But what a difference a year makes. Through a tremendous stroke of good luck, I was able to transfer my job 700 miles south, to the city where The Beloved New Grandbaby is.

It is now late November, and it is like what September is in St. Paul. I have not even gotten out my winter coat yet. And I had lunch yesterday with said Grandbaby. He smiles when he sees me.

I have another small, second floor apartment, but this one has a pantry, a walk-in closet and a fireplace. All in all a very nice change.

And I know, just as sure as I know anything, that part of why this happened was I was able to move quickly. My new boss hired me on June 5th and wanted me to report to a training center in Austin, Texas, on June 14th. I would not have been able to do that, plus relocating, if I was still married. Just imagine coming home and saying, "Honey, could you find a moving company tomorrow? Because we have nine days to move."

More later. Just remember, Sweet Babies, what my father always said, "Just because there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean there's still not fire in the furnace."

Bestest,

Janelle

No comments: